Banjo #270, “Pete”
Pete is quite a banjo! The “wood recipe” is fantastic in looks and tone. An Eleven-inch banjo, a “long neck” (27 3/4 inch scale) with front and side markers, a gorgeous hand-dyed skin, our “Baroque” peghead, scalloped frets. This banjo will stand the test of time…it is truly a “keeper”!
Spec Of Banjo Below
- 11 inch
- The tone ring is made of Massaranduba, a very hard wood that consistently delivers outstanding tone.
- Hardware: 14 hooks, tension hoop, shoes and nuts, all aged brass.
- Bridge: Docs’ “Cathedral bridge” 42mm spacing, made of Bubinga, Oregon White Oak, Massaranduba.
- Head: Skin…custom dyed!
- Laminates: #7, Massaranduba, Oregon White Oak and Ebony
- Scale length 27 3/4”
- Fretboard: Scalloped, made of Massaranduba, one of our favorite fretboard woods, frontal and side markers
- 22 frets made of bronze
- Laminates: 3 horizontal, 11 verticals…the neck is made of Black Walnut, Maple and Ebony…a gorgeous neck!
- Waverly tuners on our Baroque peghead
- Nut: Bone
- Strings: Steel
- Width at nut 1 1/16”
- Weight: 6 pounds
- other: a “flair” at the heel/pot junction